We’ve been learning to read energy signatures inside the body with sensory connections. In this post, we’ll practice that skill by playing a game, reading the energy of our partner’s emotions.
Short-term, this game will let you develop your skill with reading energy inside a person’s body.
Long term, by learning to recognize the energy signature a calm or stressed brain, we can develop healing techniques to support a person in relaxing and de-stressing. When I first began working with insomnia, I read the energy of my friend’s brain, and sent her the energy of a relaxed, sleepy brain. She was asleep within a minute.
(I explore this approach to developing healing techniques here.)
The game in this post builds on this technique for sensory connections.
You’re going to read your partner’s emotions.
The nerves of the brain produce energy. Depending on the person’s emotional state, their nerves produce a different energy signature. You’ll read that energy signature to read your partner’s emotional state.
Your partner should pick two emotions. One should be up, like excitement or stress. The other should be down, like calm or sadness.
For simplicity, I’ll refer to these as “excited energy” and “calm energy,” with the understanding that I mean, “The energy the brain produces when the person is excited / calm.”
Before playing, you need to learn how the two energies feel.
- Make a sensory connection to your partner’s head. Make sure your connection extends deep enough to feel the energy of their brain signature of nerves. Think about lengthening the connection conduit if needed.
- Your partner recalls a memory that was exciting (or whatever up emotion they’ve picked). Extend your awareness to the energy around the end of your connection and listen for the signature, like when you felt the energy signature of muscle or nerves in the earlier post.
- Your partner recalls a memory that was calming, or meditate on a location they find calming (or whatever down emotion they’ve picked). Notice the difference between the two different signatures.
Now you’re ready for the game.
- Your partner faces away from you so you won’t see their face and accidentally read their emotion that way.
- Your partner picks one of the two emotions at random without telling you which one, and recalls a memory like they did in the templating steps. (Using the same memory is best, as different memories can have slightly different emotions.)
- Read the energy of their brain. Take your time and remember how the signatures you templated earlier felt. Make your guess.
If you got it right, awesome. If not, this is a great opportunity to learn. Stay there a minute. Notice the signature. Tuning in to the subtle differences is how we learn to listen better. Then try again, listening for those sensations (and any other sensations), as you learn to observe energy with sensory connections.